May Pictures and Update

James took his first steps during our vacation in Florida and now walks across the house all by himself. He also likes taking us by the hand and dragging us around the house.

He's expanded his vocabulary from just "momma" and "dada" to include "hi" "hey" "ow" and "wow!" He's also put together "Hi Dada" a few times but sadly no "hi momma" just yet. Trying to push the "I love you" but only disappointing myself wishing for it this early.

I'm working on teaching James a bit of sign language and he just started signing to ask for food. I hope to also teach him signs for diaper change, drink, milk, home, etc in the near future.

We're looking forward to celebrating James' first birthday and Ryan's 32nd. I'm hoping it'll be special for both of them. Though, I'm not sure anything can top last year's gift of having a son born on his own birthday ...at least this year Ryan won't spend the day insanely sleep deprived and taking care of me.

Though excited and happy to see James growing up, I'm kind of grieving the official end of the infant period. With him already walking, he's definitely more like a toddler now. Sad for me. But definitely looking forward to all that's still to come.

Walking across the living room
James loves avocados. And making a mess!
Playing in the window with Daddy
All dressed up for church

Comments